Required documents for personal Account applications
AFEX offers International Payment Solutions to individuals with foreign exchange needs. To apply, please carefully read the Foreign Exchange Agreement and complete the Personal Account Application. In addition, you will need to provide the following:
- Two non-expired, government issued identifications
- Copy of current account bank statement or cashed check (front & back)
- ID Verification Consent Form
Verifying the Identity of Individuals
The basic principle is that verification methods must be reliable and independent of the client. For a document to be acceptable for anti-money laundering identification purposes it must have the following features:
- the document must have been issued by a provincial, territorial or federal government, and
- the document must be unexpired, and
- the document must have a unique identifier number, or
- valid foreign identification if equivalent to an acceptable type of Canadian identification document, such as a valid foreign passport.
The following types of identification documents are acceptable:
- provincial driver's license;
- birth certificate;
- Canadian citizenship card;
- record of landing or permanent residence card;
- Canadian government-issued military card;
- old age security card; and
- certificate of Indian status.
At all times AFEX prefers acceptable identification which also has a photo. A non-photo acceptable identification document will only be accepted if the individual does not possess any other type of acceptable photo identification document.
If you do not have these items you can still register now and an AFEX representative will be in contact with you to complete your account opening process.
Joint Account: You will to provide the same information and identifications for both signers.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OPENING A PERSONAL ACCOUNT AT AFEX
Click here for information about addressing complaints regarding our money services business, lists of our Money Transmitter licenses and other disclosures.