Terms and Conditions
Rules, Regulations and Disclaimers
Last Modified: June 2017
For AFEX Internet World Wide Web Sites
Associated Foreign Exchange, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates ("AFEX") require that all the visitors to our site(s) on the World Wide Web (the "Site") adhere to the following rules and regulations. By accessing the Site you indicate your acknowledgment and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
LAWS AND REGULATIONS
User access to and use of the Site is subject to all applicable international, federal, state and local laws and regulations.
The trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Site are the property of AFEX and other parties. Users are prohibited from using any Marks for any purpose including, but not limited to use as metatags on other pages or sites on the World Wide Web without the written permission of AFEX or such third party which may own the Marks. All information and content including any software programs available on or through the Site ("Content") is protected by copyright. Users are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any Content available on or through the Site for commercial or public purposes.
THIS SITE MAY PROVIDE A LINK TO OTHER SITES BY ALLOWING THE USER TO LEAVE THIS SITE TO ACCESS THIRD-PARTY MATERIAL OR BY BRINGING THE THIRD-PARTY MATERIAL INTO THIS SITE VIA "INVERSE" HYPERLINKS AND FRAMING TECHNOLOGY (A "LINKED SITE"). AFEX HAS NO DISCRETION TO ALTER, UPDATE, OR CONTROL THE CONTENT ON A LINKED SITE. THE FACT THAT AFEX HAS PROVIDED A LINK TO A SITE IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT, AUTHORIZATION, SPONSORSHIP, OR AFFILIATION WITH RESPECT TO SUCH SITE, ITS OWNERS, OR ITS PROVIDERS. THERE ARE INHERENT RISKS IN RELYING UPON USING, OR RETRIEVING ANY INFORMATION FOUND ON THE INTERNET, AND AFEX URGES YOU TO MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THESE RISKS BEFORE RELYING UPON, USING, OR RETRIEVING ANY SUCH INFORMATION ON A LINKED SITE.
ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ON THE SITE, OR OBTAINED FROM A WEBSITE TO WHICH THE SITE IS LINKED (A "LINKED SITE") ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY.
AFEX DOES NOT ENDORSE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR (A) THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT MADE THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY PARTY OTHER THAN AFEX, (B) ANY CONTENT PROVIDED ON LINKED SITES OR (C) THE CAPABILITIES OR RELIABILITY OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE.
OTHER THAN AS REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL AFEX BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A USER'S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR A LINKED SITE, OR USER'S RELIANCE ON ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, OR OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC OPINION, ADVICE, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR USE OF THE SITE AND LINKED SITES
THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND DESCRIPTIONS OF SERVICES PUBLISHED ON THE SITE OR A LINKED SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND AFEX SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR SUCH INACCURACIES OR ERRORS. AFEX DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE CONTENT ON THE SITE IS COMPLETE OR UP-TO-DATE. AFEX IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO UPDATE ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE. AFEX MAY CHANGE THE CONTENT ON THE SITE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. AFEX MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS OR CHANGES TO THE SITE AT ANY TIME.
YOU AGREE THAT AFEX, ITS AFFILIATES AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES WILL NOT BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE SERVICE OR LOST OPPORTUNITY) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SITE OR A LINKED SITE, OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR A LINKED SITE, EVEN IF AFEX IS MADE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, THE TRANSMISSION OF ANY VIRUSES WHICH MAY INFECT A USER'S EQUIPMENT, FAILURE OF MECHANICAL OR ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT OR COMMUNICATION LINES, TELEPHONE OR OTHER INTERCONNECT PROBLEMS (e.g., YOU CANNOT ACCESS YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER), UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, THEFT, OPERATOR ERRORS, STRIKES OR OTHER LABOR PROBLEMS OR ANY FORCE MAJEURE. AFEX CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO THE WEB SITE.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY NETDANIA
All Services (software, data and news) provided by NetDania and third party data and news providers (the “Services”) on www.afex.com is owned by or licensed to NetDania and its affiliates and any user is permitted to store, manipulate, analyze, reformat, print and display the software, data and news only for such user’s personal use. In no event shall any user publish, retransmit, redistribute, communicate, disseminate or otherwise reproduce any software, data and news in any format to anyone, and no user shall use any part of the Services in any connection with any business or commercial enterprise, including, without limitation, any securities, investment, accounting, banking, legal or media business or enterprise. By using the Services, the User hereby:
- Agrees that NetDania, the Information Providers, the data Sources and/or any other party shall have no liability for the accuracy or completeness of the software, data or news or for delays, interruptions, or omissions therein;
- Agrees not to use or permit anyone to use the software, data or new for any unlawful purpose;
- Agrees that no intellectual property rights in the software, data or news are transferred to any person or legal entity.
- Agrees that the software, data, news and any information obtained or derived therefrom shall be used solely by the User in the normal course of the User’s business.
- Agrees that the User may not: communicate or disseminate the software, data, news or any information obtained or derived therefrom to any other party, including any of the User’s subsidiaries or branch offices by any means whatsoever. This restriction shall include, without limitation, copying any part of the software, data, news or any information obtained or derived therefrom electronically or otherwise and distributing or disseminating any part of the software, data, news or any information obtained or derived therefrom via any network; or use the software, data or news in any way that may infringe any proprietary interest of NetDania or any third party.
- Agrees that neither party excludes or limits liability for death or personal injury to any person caused by its negligence.
- Agrees that notwithstanding any other provision of this Contract, the User acknowledges that where the Services include any information and/or data obtained or derived from any of the Sources, such Sources accept no liability whatsoever for such data or information.
- Agrees that its arrangement with AFEX for receipt of the software, data and news is subject to termination in the event that this Contract between AFEX and NetDania is terminated for any reason;
- Agrees, where applicable, to make application to and receive written approval for receipt of the data and news from each and every Source prior to commencing receipt of the data and news and agrees to comply with any conditions, restrictions or limitations imposed by any of the Sources, including paying all such fees or charges as such Sources may impose either directly or through NetDania or AFEX; and
- Acknowledges that the Sources, described in the preceding paragraph, may have the right to terminate provision of the data and news to the User with or without notice and that neither any such Source, NetDania, nor any third party shall have any liabilities in connection therewith.
- Acknowledges that prior to the execution of a security trade the User is expressly advised to consult with the User’s broker or other financial representative to verify pricing information.
- Acknowledges that neither NetDania, its affiliates, its employees, the Sources or its third party licensors or any other party make any express or implied warranties (including, without limitation, any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use) regarding the Services. The Services are provided to the users “as is”. Neither NetDania, its employees, its affiliates, its Sources or its third party licensors, nor any other party will be liable to any user or anyone else for interruption, inaccuracy, error or omission, regardless of cause, in the Services or for any damages (whether direct or indirect, consequential, punitive or exemplary) resulting therefrom.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF USER COMMUNICATIONS
User should be aware that Linked Sites may contain confidentiality provisions that differ from the provisions provided herein. AFEX is not responsible for such provisions, and expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such provisions.
YOUR CONTACT WITH ADVERTISERS
Your dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Site (including, without limitation, payment and delivery of related products or services, and any other terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with such dealings or correspondence) are solely between you and such advertisers. AFEX makes no representations or warranties with respect to any advertising content of, or any products or services that may be obtained from, such advertisers. You agree that AFEX will not be responsible or liable with respect to any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of: (a) any such dealings or correspondence between you and such advertisers, (b) content, products or services of such advertisers, or (c) the presence of such advertisers on the Site.
LINKED INTERNET SITES
AFEX prohibits caching, unauthorized hypertext links to the Site and the framing of any Content available through the Site. AFEX reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames and specifically disclaims any responsibility for the Content available on any other Internet sites linked to the Site. Access to any other Internet sites linked to the Site is at the user's own risk.
User should be aware that Linked Sites may contain rules and regulations, privacy provisions, confidentiality provisions, transmission of personal data provisions, and other provisions that differ from the provisions provided on the Site. AFEX is not responsible for such provisions, and expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such provisions.
FORWARD LOOKING INFORMATION
Certain information on this Site contains certain forward-looking statements, which are subject to risks and uncertainties and speak only as of the date on which they are made. The words "believe", "expect", "anticipate", "optimistic", "intend", "aim", "will" or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date on which they are made. AFEX undertakes no obligation to update publicly or revise any forward-looking statements.
All press releases and other materials presented or released to the financial community that are contained on the Site were, to the best of AFEX' knowledge, timely and accurate when issued. However, the passage of time can render information stale, and you should not rely on the continued accuracy of any such material beyond the date of issuance. AFEX has no responsibility to update any information contained in any such material. All viewers should carefully check the dates of issuance of the material contained in the Site.
TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA
[For use in connection with Sites through which proprietary Customer Account data may be transmitted.] User acknowledges and agrees that by providing AFEX with any personal or proprietary user information through the Site, user consents to the transmission of such personal or proprietary user information over international borders as necessary for processing in accordance with AFEX's standard business practices.
CHANGES TO RULES AND REGULATIONS
AFEX reserves the right to revise these Rules and Regulations at any time and users are deemed to be apprised of and bound by any changes to these Rules and Regulations. AFEX will indicate that changes to these Rules and Regulations have been made by updating the date indicated after "Last Modified" at the end of these Rules and Regulations.
VIOLATIONS OF RULES AND REGULATIONS
AFEX reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Rules and Regulations, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the Site.
ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS
Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Site may be subject to prosecution.
USE OF "COOKIE" FILE FEATURES
AFEX reserves the right to store information on a user's computer in the form of a "cookie" or similar file for purposes of modifying the Site to reflect users' preferences.
Users of this Site agree to submit to the laws of the State of California, United States and applicable federal law without regard to conflicts of laws principles.
OFFICE OF FOREIGN ASSETS CONTROL
Software from the Service or the Site is further subject to United States export controls. No such software may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other Country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using such software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
TRADEMARKS AND SERVICE MARKS
The following are trademarks and service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) by AFEX, which may appear on AFEX Web sites. This is not a comprehensive list.
ASSOCIATED FOREIGN EXCHANGE